Human resources policies and corporate culture
In 2019, the updated Human Resources Policies of Zarubezhneft Group for 2019–2023 were approved.
The Human Resources Policies are based on the Corporate Development Strategy of Zarubezhneft JSC, which determines the primary objectives and areas of development of Zarubezhneft Group, and are aimed at supporting implementation thereof.
The primary objective of the Human Resources Policies is to achieve the maximum return on investment in personnel (talents) through shaping a system to:
- motivate each employee to achieve the objectives set by the Corporate Development Strategy;
- enable an unbiased evaluation of the extent to which results have been achieved;
- provide fair reward and encouragement for the employees’ achievements.
The Human Resources Policies Fundamentals:
- meeting the needs of Zarubezhneft Group’s business lines for high-qualified professionals (both internal and external candidates);
- continuous development and training of the most active and promising employees (Talented Personnel Pool, Nestro Lead, Professional Skill Contests);
- continuous improvement of the compensation system and benefit plan;
- application of an objective and transparent performance evaluation system;
- creation of a favorable Corporate Culture;
- unconditional compliance with the labor legislation of the Russian Federation and the countries of presence.
Personnel number and structure
In 2019, the number of employees of Zarubezhneft Group was 12,588 people, 1% lower than in 2018. In general, the average number of employees of Zarubezhneft Group tends to decrease, which is due to measures to enhance business performance. The number of employees in the downstream segment in Bosnia and Herzegovina decreased by 9.4%. Despite the decrease in the personnel of JV Vietsovpetro due to the establishment in August 2019 of JV ANDIJANPETRO LLC in the Republic of Uzbekistan, the number within the upstream segment remained substantially unchanged. The growth in the number of employees in the segment “Service and Other Assets” is associated with RMNTK Nefteotdacha JSC’s and Zarubezhneftestroymontazh LLC’s business expansion.
|Zarubezhneft JSC representative offices and branches||26||25||24||24||0||0|
|Exploration and production||9 402||8 813||8 415||8 408||-7||0|
|Downstream||2 127||2 073||2 029||1 833||-190||-9|
|Service and other assets||1 969||2 008||1 896||2 002||106||6|
|Total||13 846||13 245||12 681||12 588||-93||-1|
The upstream segment traditionally remains a priority development area for Zarubezhneft Group, as it makes up 67% of the total personnel.
Oil production activities are associated with heavy physical loads, work at remote fields and shift work; therefore, 82% of the Group’s personnel are male.